The Chalet Heinz Julen Loft in Zermatt is one of the most spectacular properties in the Alps. This stunning chalet has been developed in the style of a large Manhattan loft and combines acres of glass, steel, textured concrete and wood in a unique architectural style immediately recognisable as being the handy work of local star designer, Heinz Julen. In fact this used to be his private residence in Zermatt so we honoured to market this property on his behalf.
The sense of space, light and closeness to nature that the Heinz Julen Loft provides is unparalleled - only huge panels of sheet glass separate the outside world from the internal living space - all is fluid and free.
The main loft living area has a suspended and illuminated main table which can be raised and lowered to create a low coffee table, or a mid-height dining table, or raised to the ceiling to create a large party space. In one corner you can play on a baby grand Steinway piano, while in another you can sink into a large sofa and gaze simultaneously at the stunning view over the village of Zermatt.
From this level a metal staircase leads up to the mezzanine which has another sofa chill-out area with TV; a free standing Jacuzzi bath, a cosy dining alcove, a galley kitchen (with cupboard handles made out of bent soup spoons), a cantilevered bar area and a guest WC. As you walk on this floor you will notice that the floating feeling is created as a result of it being made entirely of opaque glass with subtle inset lighting.
Overlooking the main loft area, there are two double en-suite bedrooms, one above the other. Each bedroom has its own small bathroom with shower and WC, and a balcony. The third master bedroom is very private with its own landing. It is an exact replica of the famous Into the Hotel suites created by Heinz Julen, featuring a free-standing bath with wood-slatted massage cover, an island bed on a rotating floor, his and her bedroom sinks, a separate shower room and WC, a walk-in wardrobe, a sofa, and a TV set into the glass window.
Access to this 240 square metre chalet is a two minute walk from the top of the Omnia Hotel lifts, for which you will have a special key. The bottom of the lift delivers you into the heart of Zermatt, close to the church.
If you would like to view all our other chalets in Zermatt please use this link to view our chalets in Zermatt search engine page. Here you will find links to all the other chalet properties we feature in this iconic Swiss resort.
This chalet is perfect for those with a love of modern and quirky design, with stunning views over Zermatt village. The height of luxury for small groups or corporates. Great for your inner rockstar - apparently Robbie Williams even stayed here.
- 6 - 7
- To piste/lift:
- More than 800 metres
- To centre:
- 100 - 200 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- TV (cable) DVD sound system, Wi-Fi. Sauna and Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi bath (with curtain) on the mezzanine floor. Unique rotating bed and sofa in the master bedroom. Suspended window fireplace.
- Hot tub
- Good views
- Near resort centre
- Gourmet food
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|05 Dec 2020||£1,917 pp||‐||7||NO|
|12 Dec 2020||£1,917 pp||‐||7||NO|
|19 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|26 Dec 2020||£4,572 pp||‐||7||NO|
|02 Jan 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|09 Jan 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|16 Jan 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|23 Jan 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|30 Jan 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|06 Feb 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|13 Feb 2021||£2,950 pp||‐||7||NO|
|20 Feb 2021||£2,950 pp||‐||7||NO|
|27 Feb 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|06 Mar 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|13 Mar 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|20 Mar 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|27 Mar 2021||Fully Booked|
|03 Apr 2021||£2,655 pp||‐||7||NO|
|10 Apr 2021||Fully Booked|
|17 Apr 2021||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Cooked breakfast (continental breakfast in bed as an option) on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea (6 days)
- Champagne and pre-dinner canapés (6 evenings)
- 4 course gourmet dinner with a selection of fine complimentary wines (6 nights)
- Mid week linen change (further changes available on request)
- Full in-resort concierge service
- Open bar and firewood
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
- Local resort tax is not included and paid for locally. Adults = 3CHF per person per night (2019-2020 season)
- Extra beds are charged at 800 CHF per week per bed (extra children up to 16 years of age are 600 CHF)
- Additional guests for dinner are charged at 100 CHF per guest per night
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Please note that as this holiday company does not offer financial protection for its clients. We can arrange this for you using ABTA's recommended financial failure protection insurance that we will purchase on your behalf. We charge a £5 admin fee per person if you want this cover. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this.