Les Coches resort guide - a general overview
Les Coches is a small, modern Savoyarde style village with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The centre is virtually traffic free and has a selection of shops, bars, restaurants and one night club. Being north facing, the snow is generally snow sure and the snow making is excellent here too. The village is an excellent base for both skiers and boarders to ski the whole of the 'Paradiski' area as it is located very close to the main lift link to Les Arcs. The main ski area of La Plagne is also very easy to get to.
1,450m - 3,250m
- (2hr 15mins)
- (3 hours)
- (3 hours)
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dinning
- Short transfer
- Resort value
- Slopes to please skiers & snowboarders from complete beginners through to off-piste experts
- Very family friendly
- Mountain restaurants with great views and reasonable prices
- Access to high altitude and snow sure skiing, especially the Bellecote Glacier
- Pretty village feel. Easy access to the Vanoise Express and Les Arcs ski area
- There are some flat spots for snowboarders but route planning means these can be avoided.
- Pretty quiet when it comes to nightlife - best suited to families
La Plagne (Les Coches) Mountain Restaurants
Mountain Restaurants in La Plagne are generally good value for money and many have fantastic views of the Vanoise National Park or the Tarentaise Valley, and only get really busy during Peak weeks. For stunning views across the valley to Courchevel, the Rossa on the Champagny side is the best option, you can even nap in the deck chairs! In bad weather head for the lower tree lined runs that lead down to Les Coches & Montchavin, and try the Chez Pat du Sauget. The Arpette is a good value restaurant in the main part of the piste and is easy to get to for most levels of skiers.
La Plagne (Les Coches) Apres Ski
No apres ski to report.
La Plagne (Les Coches) Nightlife
No nightlife to report.
La Plagne (Les Coches) Resort Map
La Plagne (Les Coches) Ski Schools
|Evolution 2 (Montchavin)|