Great value village ski resort linking into the mighty Sella Ronda ski circuit in the Dolomites
La Villa resort guide - a general overview
La Villa, along with San Cassiano, Corvara and three further villages make up the Alta Badia ski domain. This is an area that is best suited to intermediate skiers although there are excellent nursery slopes on the mountain above La Villa and there are some genuinely challenging pistes too. The Alta Badia ski area lies just to the East of the mighty Sella Ronda and is lift linked to this huge Dolomite ski region, covering over 1,000 kilometres of pistes in total. So if 'ski miles' are what you are after then the Alta Badia makes a great region.
La Villa, like its neighbouring resort of San Cassiano, is small and pretty and really very unspoilt. It does not have the 'fine dining' experience that San Cassiano offers but La Villa is a very pleasant resort none the less.
There is actually only one chalet in La Villa, as most of the accommodation is in family run hotels offering friendly and comfortable options.
1,435m - 2,520m
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dining
- Short transfer
- Resort value
Pros and Cons
- Small, quiet, pretty and unspoilt village resort in the beautiful Dolomites
- Excellent childrens and beginner area situated at altitude above the village
- Great value accommodation and some good restaurants
- Interlinked with San Cassiano and Corvara (the Alta Badia area) and also the Sella Ronda
- The home runs are genuinely challenging (a red and a black leading down to resort level)
- Relatively low slopes means that the season tends to end early
- Not much in the way of nightlife or apres ski
La Villa Resort Restaurants
There are some good local restaurants in the village. The restaurant at the Hotel Antines deserves a special mention.
La Villa Mountain Restaurants
There is a great selection of on mountain dining. Most are lovely tucked out of the way places but the Las Vegas, towards San Cassiano, is cool and minimalist with huge picture windows making the most of the wonderful scenery.
La Villa Apres Ski
Limited Apres ski scene - this is a pretty 'quiet' ski resort best for families and those looking for a restful week.
La Villa Nightlife
Again very limited.