Adelboden resort information - a general overview
Adelboden is a classic Swiss mountain village where old chalets line the quiet main street. The skiing is unhurried and the atmosphere relaxed which makes it perfect for intermediates and those looking for a quiet and relaxed ski holiday. The nightlife is fairly low key but there are good restaurant choices both on and off the mountain and one or two quite lively bars which are popular with those coming straight off the slopes at the end of the day. There are extensive cross-country trails and there is also ice skating and curling for those that are not too fussed about downhill skiing.
We would recommend ski holidays in Adelboden for those looking for a more traditional and relaxed holiday. There is plenty of good terrain for all level of skiers and snow boarders as well as those that like to ski off-piste. A ski weekend to Adelboden is also recommeded.
1,070m - 2,355m
- (1 hour)
- (2hr 30mins)
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dinning
- Short transfer
- Resort value
- Swiss chocolate-box charm
- Extensive slopes best for intermediates
- Efficient in-resort bus service
- Links with Lenk in the neighbouring valley makes for large ski area
- Under used off-piste terrain provides experts with some great skiing
- Adelboden's slopes are split into 5 sectors - 2 of which are a bus ride away
- Most of the slopes are below 2,000m so snow reliability can be an issue late season
- Pleasant but rather limited nightlife and apres ski scene
Adelboden Resort Restaurants
The choice is not enormous, The Baren is said to be the best value. Guests on Half Board can dine around at affiliated restaurants twice a week which is a great arrangement.
Adelboden Mountain Restaurants
There are plently of pleasant spots. Past reporters say that Tschenten Alp is the best with excellent meals.
Adelboden Apres Ski
There are several bars and tea rooms. The Time Out bar has a good atmosphere at close of play. The arte Bar offeres a bit of artistic flair however Scotts Bar is considered the best.
The Berna Bar nighclub is 'suprisingly' good.