Belle Plagne resort guide - a general overview
Belle Plagne at 2,050 metres is one of the higher La Plagne resorts. It is situated just above Plagne Bellecote. The resort, as the name might suggest, is one of the prettier Plagne centres and consists of chalet style architecture. There is a mini resort centre although there are few shops and bars here.
2,050m - 3,250m
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dining
- Short transfer
- Resort value
- Slopes to please skiers & snowboarders from complete beginners through to offpiste experts
- Very family friendly - good ski schools & lots of apres ski activities!
- Mountain restaurants with great views and reasonable prices
- High in altitude and snow sure, especially the Bellecote Glacier
- Linked to Les Arcs by the fantastic Vanoise Express cable car that crosses the valley
- There are some flat spots for Snowboarders but route planning means these can be avoided.
- Not a huge variety of nightlife
- Resort buses that are reliable but don't run often or late, miss the last one & you need a taxi
La Plagne (Belle) Resort Restaurants
At Belle Plagne you can catch a Snow Cat (Groomer) to one of the mountain restaurants for superb raclette, fondue or hot stone steak, you will need to pre-book, the Tourist Office or Chalet Operator staff can do this for you.
La Plagne (Belle) Mountain Restaurants
Mountain Restaurants in La Plagne are generally good value for money and many have fantastic views of the Vanoise National Park or the Tarentaise Valley, and only get really busy during Peak weeks. For stunning views across the valley to Courchevel, the Rossa on the Champagny side is the best option, you can even nap in the deck chairs! In bad weather head for the lower tree lined runs that lead down to Les Coches & Montchavin, and try the Chez Pat du Sauget. The Arpette is a good value restaurant in the main part of the piste and is easy to get to for most levels of skiers.
La Plagne (Belle) Apres Ski
The Tete Inn, Cheyenne and Maitre Kanter are the main bars.