Chalet Varappe in Meribel was originally built by none other than Mr Pomagaski, of ski lifts fame. The chalet's mostly wooden interior is actually the very wood cleared when he built his very first lift system in Meribel!
The fully detached property retains the charm it held as a private home and offers lovey terraces and a garden with mountain views for guest use. The five en-suite bedrooms can sleep up to ten guests and each room has its own individual style and there is space for up to two additional children in the attic bedroom.
The sitting room centres on the beautiful stone fireplace and is decorated with an array of artwork and antiques with delightfully English taste. The chalet facilities include a fabulous cedar wood outdoor hot tub as well as a steam room, games room and a large ski room.
To give you a further idea of the comfort, you can expect - in-chalet ski and boot fitting service, your lift pass waiting for you on arrival (cost of pass not included in price); bed linen is Egyptian cotton, Goose down duvets, luxury dressing gowns and slippers for all guests; fresh flowers, daily newspapers and magazines; the champagne is Veuve Clicquot or Taittinger; the chalet tea selection from the Canton Tea Company, Nespresso coffee machine and the bath toiletries provided by Neals Yard. Everything about the service provided by this Meribel specialist luxury chalet company is of the very highest order.
La Varappe is a six minute walk from the centre of town. However, there is also the private minibus service if you don't feel like the walk.
There are 3 members of staff who live out.
Note from Alpine Answers: This chalet is run by a Meribel only luxury chalet company and so you can expect the in-resort service from the staff and the cooking to be of the highest standard.
If you would like to view other properties in this famous Three Valleys resort please use our chalets in Meribel search page. View prices, availability, map locations, photos and client reviews for all chalet properties in Meribel.
Varappe is a very cosy property, with a newly installed steam room and really large sunken outside hot tub which are great for relaxing after a hard day on the slopes with a bottle of Laurent Perrier (which is unlimited by the way!). Varappe may be tucked away in a quiet corner but you are only a private chauffeur journey from the centre and the slopes. Meribel has so much to offer the whole family and staying in this chalet you really will have a fantastic week, with sublime food, superior service and memories that will last you a lifetime!
- 10 - 12
- To piste/lift:
- More than 800 metres
- To centre:
- 400 - 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Very good
- Steam room and outdoor cedar wood hot tub. Private car parking. Large ski room with heated boot racks. TV room, DVD and CD player (extensive DVD library). Private minibus service. Wi-Fi internet access. Use of the chalet iPad.
- Hot tub
- Steam room
- Driver service
- Gourmet food
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|06 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|13 Dec 2020||£2,203 pp||‐||12||NO|
|20 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|27 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|03 Jan 2021||£1,991 pp||‐||12||NO|
|10 Jan 2021||£1,991 pp||‐||12||NO|
|17 Jan 2021||£1,991 pp||‐||12||NO|
|24 Jan 2021||£2,047 pp||‐||12||NO|
|31 Jan 2021||£2,047 pp||‐||12||NO|
|07 Feb 2021||£2,047 pp||‐||12||NO|
|14 Feb 2021||£3,519 pp||‐||12||NO|
|21 Feb 2021||£2,594 pp||‐||12||NO|
|28 Feb 2021||Fully Booked|
|07 Mar 2021||£2,123 pp||‐||12||NO|
|14 Mar 2021||Fully Booked|
|21 Mar 2021||£2,047 pp||‐||12||NO|
|28 Mar 2021||Fully Booked|
|04 Apr 2021||£2,618 pp||‐||12||NO|
|11 Apr 2021||£2,047 pp||‐||12||NO|
|18 Apr 2021||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Breakfast and afternoon tea daily
- Champagne & canapés followed by 4 course evening meal with complimentary wine. Finished with coffee (6 nts)
- Open bar with wine, beer, spirits and mixers. Unlimited house champagne
- Fresh fruit, flowers and daily newspapers
- Baby-sitting until 11pm on staff night off if required
- Mid week towel change
- Minibus service
- Concierge service
- Hair dryers, Neal's Yard toiletries and fresh flowers in all bedrooms
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Season 2020-2021. We understand that many clients will be hesitant to make a commitment when the world is so uncertain, and as such, for new bookings, clients have the possibility to cancel a booking for this chalet at any date before the 15th September 2020 without incurring any cancellation fees.
- Room 1: twin/double with en-suite bathroom
- Room 2: double with en-suite bathroom. Balcony
- Room 3: twin/double with en-suite shower room
- Room 4: double with en-suite bathroom, separate shower. Balcony
- Room 5: twin/double with en-suite bathroom. Balcony
- Room 6: twin under the eaves suitable for small children