Covid cancellation policy: If your holiday cannot go ahead because of UK or local government travel restrictions or resort closure there is a 100% credit note offered for monies paid. If you would like the security of a cash back refund please pay a non refundable supplement of 35 euros per person at the time of booking. However, please note that the cash back option only applies if the resort or the resort lifts are closed (the cash back refund is not an option if the resort is open but your home country/region is in lockdown or travel to resort is restricted). Bookings made 01st Feb 2021 onwards: If you cannot travel because of government travel restrictions and you choose to have a cash refund rather than use credit to book another time Alpine Answers will retain 2% of the total holiday cost to cover our operational and administrative costs.
The large Chalet Silian is located on the edge of Hinterglemm but the free resort bus service stops just around the corner. Accesses the main lifts in the morning and getting back again in the afternoon is therefore very easy. The centre of resort with all the shops, bars and restaurants is less than 10 minutes' walk away, but again you can use the free bus service.
For experienced skiers and snowboarders it is possible to ski back directly to the chalet via an off piste route. There is also a beautiful walking trail opposite the chalet for walkers/hikers looking for an alpine experience.
The Chalet Silian is a little basic but is certainly spacious with a large living and dining room and a separate house bar on the lower floor. There is also an indoor sauna for some post skiing relaxation. There is also a large south facing sun terrace, accessed through the living room, which is the perfect place to soak up some alpine sunshine, especially in March and April when the weather is warmer.
NB: This chalet is operated by a Dutch tour operator, who have been in the catered ski chalet business since 1977, operating 37 ski chalets in France, Austria and Italy.
The main difference between a 'normal' British-run chalet, which you will be familiar with, and the Dutch product is that afternoon tea and cakes are not included. However, house wine, beers, soft drinks, and tea and coffee are available and are included in the cost of your holiday.
Breakfasts will be continental in style with cheese, hams and bread, yogurt and fruit juices, tea and coffee.
Below are examples of typical evening dinners:
Starter: Basil bruschetta with fresh tomato and mozzarella.
Main: Meat loaf with roasted onions, mushrooms and tomatoes, pomme gratin, salad with red onion, cucumber, feta and olives.
Pud: Poached pears with chocolate mousse.
Starter: Giant mushrooms stuffed with bacon and bleu 'dAuvergne served with a warm 'Morzinoise' roll.
Main: Braised cod with a mustard cream sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted winter vegetables.
Pud: Warm pear apple crumb pie with ice cream.
Towels are also not included but can be rented in resort for 8.00 euros per person, a mid-week towel change is included. Alternatively, by upgrading to the comfort package at 25.00 euros per person for the week both towels and afternoon tea and cakes will be provided. Both of these supplements are payable in resort, as is the resort tax (paid by adults only).
Quiet location but with free shuttle bus stopping less than one minute walk away.
- 18 - 24
- To piste/lift:
- 400 - 800 metres
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Very good
- Indoor sauna. Cosy house bar. Wi-Fi internet connection. Large terrace facing south. Ski and boot storage room. Car parking spaces.
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|10 Dec 2021||Fully Booked|
|17 Dec 2021||Fully Booked|
|24 Dec 2021||Fully Booked|
|31 Dec 2021||Fully Booked|
|07 Jan 2022||Fully Booked|
|15 Jan 2022||Fully Booked|
|22 Jan 2022||Fully Booked|
|29 Jan 2022||£709 pp||‐||24||NO|
|05 Feb 2022||Fully Booked|
|12 Feb 2022||Fully Booked|
|19 Feb 2022||Fully Booked|
|26 Feb 2022||Fully Booked|
|05 Mar 2022||Fully Booked|
|12 Mar 2022||Fully Booked|
|19 Mar 2022||Fully Booked|
|26 Mar 2022||£661 pp||‐||24||NO|
|02 Apr 2022||Fully Booked|
|09 Apr 2022||£670 pp||‐||24||NO|
|16 Apr 2022||£622 pp||‐||24||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Buffet breakfast with hot and cold options (7 mornings)
- 3 course dinner with complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks (6 nights)
- Please note that resort taxes are not included and are paid for in resort
- A booking fee of 25 euros (flat rate) is added to your booking by the tour operator running this chalet
- Towels can be added for extra cost 8 euros per person per week (includes a mid-week change)
- Comfort Package: towels (as above) + daily afternoon tea. Cost for the package: 25 euros per person per week
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Lower Floor:
- Sauna. House bar and games room. Ski store. Guest wc
- Room 1: Austrian twin with en-suite bathroom
- Ground Floor:
- Small bar. Spacious living and dining room
- First Floor:
- Room 2: Austrian twin with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 3: Austrian twin with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 4: Austrian twin with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 5: Austrian twin with extra single. En-suite shower and wc
- Second Floor:
- Room 6: Austrian twin with en-suite shower and wc
- Apt 1: double and triple each with en-suite shower and shared wc
- Apt 2: two triple rooms each with en-suite shower and shared wc