Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Winter sports travel insurance is an important part of your holiday booking and we strongly recommend that you have a comprehensive travel insurance policy to cover all your winter sports holiday requirements. We are happy to recommend Ski Club Travel Insurance who issue a fantastic winter sports travel insurance policy.
ABTA (The Travel Association) have a useful page on the importance of ski holiday insurance, being 'ski fit' for your trip, wearing a helmet at all times and knowing your own personal limits. Staying safe on the mountain will limit the chances of needing to claim on your holiday insurance. Read more detail from ABTA here.
Highlights of the Ski Club Travel Insurance policy:
- Off-piste skiing/snowboarding is included with or without a guide but insurers expect clients to act responsibly.
- All policies include Fogg MEDI-CARD (mountain rescue card) as standard
- Winter sports equipment cover including goggles, helmets, boots & gloves as well as the usual cover for skis, poles and snowboards
- Single trip cover up to the age of 85 (75 for multi-trip)
- Children FREE up to the age of 18 on all family policies
- Cover for lack of snow, and avalanches
- Heli skiing, glacier skiing, backcountry skiing and ski touring all covered
Pre-existing Health Conditions
Pre-existing health conditions of you or anyone who is travelling with you, on whom the travel plans depend, are excluded. If you require cover for a pre-existing condition you must contact Ski Club Travel for advice on cover. Tel: 0300 303 2610
Travel Insurance Enquiries
Under the new FCA regulations we are no longer able to arrange travel insurance for our clients as part of our holiday booking service. However, we are happy to recommend Ski Club Travel.
Your Insurance Cover
Please ensure you read your insurance policy document as soon as you receive it and take it on holiday with you. It is your responsibility to ensure the insurance cover you purchase (whether it is the policy we recommend, or another one) is suitable and adequate for your particular requirements.