Chalet Alex in Zermatt is a combination of two duplex apartments within chalet Shalimar. It is made up by the amalgamation of chalets Hornli and Triftji. The property is virtually ski in ski out (snow conditions permitting) for intermediate skiers and is a 15 minute walk from the village centre. Located in the quiet area of Winkelmatten, Triftji is only a short stroll from the closest local bus station. However, there are always electric taxis on hand should you stay out late.
The spacious duplex apartment combines Swiss character, cosiness and atmosphere with a light and airy feel. All six of the large bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms providing all guests with that extra comfort factor. Chalet Alexander also boasts magnificent views of the Matterhorn from its timbered balconies as well as a shared spa area with pool, sauna, steam and massage room. The window next to the pool opens up to yet more stunning views of the Swiss terrain, an ideal place to while away some time in the sun loungers.
The top floor furniture can be re-arranged so that there is one distinctive area for dining and the other for relaxing and socialising. Chalet Alex comes complete with an entertainment room at the back of the apartment with TV and DVD player to keep the kids occupied while you relax and unwind without distraction. All floors are linked by elevator.
If you would like to view all our other chalets in Zermatt please use this link to view our chalets in Zermatt search engine page. Here you will find links to all the other chalet properties we feature in this iconic Swiss resort.
Not many chalets in Zermatt have piste access. The position of Chalet Alexandra makes this property a hot ticket.
- To piste/lift:
- 100 - 200 metres
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Shared spa with pool, sauna, steam room & massage room. Ski room with boot warmers. Flat screen TV, iPod dock. Games and Books. Telephone and Wi-Fi.
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|16 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|20 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|27 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|03 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|10 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|13 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|20 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|27 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|03 Feb 2019||Fully Booked|
|10 Feb 2019||Fully Booked|
|17 Feb 2019||Fully Booked|
|24 Feb 2019||£2,336||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|03 Mar 2019||£2,336||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|10 Mar 2019||£1,985||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|17 Mar 2019||£1,985||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|24 Mar 2019||£1,985||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|31 Mar 2019||£1,985||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
|07 Apr 2019||Fully Booked|
|14 Apr 2019||£1,684||‐||Enquire||12||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Return airport transfers.
- In-house massage. Wine upgrades.
- Childcare. Ski instruction.
- Guiding, heli-skiing or other activities.
- A damage deposit is payable before arrival. This is 6,000 CHF
- Triftji A: twin with en-suite bath and wc. Balcony
- Triftji B: twin with en-suite bath and wc.
- Triftji C: twin with en-suite bath and wc. Balcony
- Hornli A: twin with en-suite bath and wc. Balcony
- Hornli B: twin with en-suite bath and wc.
- Hornli C: twin with en-suite bath and wc. Balcony
Included in Price
- Breakfast delivered daily and laid out each morning (pastries, charcuterie, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, bread and jams)
- Canapés with cocktails or Veuve Cliquot Champagne (5 evenings)
- 4 course dinner (including cheese board) with complimentary wine (5 nights)
- Post dinner digestif and/or coffee (5 nights)
- Private ski instructor per chalet on Mondays and Tuesdays (days may vary depending on availability).
- Mid week towel change. Bathrobes, slippers and bathroom toiletries.
- Evening turndown service (5 nights)
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel