Chalet Castor in Zermatt is a unique property; a free standing, three storey chalet with 4 bedrooms that can sleep up to 8 people. This kind of a chalet is almost unheard of in Zermatt until now. The location is really something be excited about. It is just 200m from the Matterhorn Express lift station and the home resort run where there is a street level tunnel leading to an elevator built inside the mountain which is just a 3 minute walk from the Chalet Pollux. This location combines both spectacular views and easy access to skiing.
Chalet Castor was completed in 2008 and is a wonderful mix of alpine charm and contemporary finish, with wood and stone used throughout the chalet. The chalet is full of mod-cons such as flat screen TVs, rotating fireplaces and geothermal heating so the chalet's carbon foot print is reduced - great for the environmentally friendly amongst you!
A professional chef and experienced chalet hosts are included in the price of this chalet, serving up gourmet food, an open bar, daily cleaning, shopping service and unlimited wine. Breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and dinner are included on 6 nights along with outstanding complimentary wine that has been carefully selected for your enjoyment. A more extensive fine wine list is available on request.
The entrance hallway on the ground floor opens up into a spacious living area with a wood fire, TV and music system, and a dining room with an open plan modern kitchen. The bedrooms are located on the upper floors of this chalet.
Chalet Castor has a sauna as well as an outdoor hot tub - the perfect way to relax after a long day on the slopes.
Two other chalets sit next to Chalet Castor, one sleeping 8 and another sleeping 10, allowing large groups of up to 26 people to all stay in the same location whilst benefitting from the space and privacy of a sole-occupancy chalet.
If you would like to view all our other chalets in Zermatt please use this link to view our chalets in Zermatt search engine page. Here you will find links to all the other chalet properties we feature in this iconic Swiss resort.
It is a bit of a trek up to these chalets, but it is well worth it for the stunning views and a glass of bubbly in the terrace hot tub. The restaurant trained chefs will have you rolling down the hill in no time. This chalet has a Twin next door, perfect for larger groups.
- To piste/lift:
- 200 - 400 metres
- To centre:
- 200 - 400 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Very good
- Flat screen TV with 100+ satellite channels in each bedroom. Music system, DVD. Out door Jacuzzi hot tub and sauna. Wi-Fi internet connection and PC for guests to use.
- Hot tub
- Good views
- Gourmet food
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|08 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|15 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|22 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|29 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|05 Jan 2020||Fully Booked|
|12 Jan 2020||Fully Booked|
|19 Jan 2020||Fully Booked|
|26 Jan 2020||Fully Booked|
|02 Feb 2020||Fully Booked|
|08 Feb 2020||Fully Booked|
|15 Feb 2020||Fully Booked|
|23 Feb 2020||£2,197 pp||‐||8||NO|
|01 Mar 2020||Fully Booked|
|08 Mar 2020||Fully Booked|
|15 Mar 2020||£1,904 pp||‐||8||NO|
|22 Mar 2020||£1,904 pp||‐||8||NO||Short stay|
|29 Mar 2020||£1,709 pp||‐||8||NO|
|05 Apr 2020||Fully Booked|
|12 Apr 2020||£1,709 pp||‐||8||NO|
|19 Apr 2020||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Cooked breakfast (continental breakfast in bed as an option) on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea (6 days)
- Champagne and pre-dinner canapés (6 evenings)
- 4 course gourmet dinner with a selection of fine complimentary wines (6 nights)
- Mid week linen change (further changes available on request)
- Full in-resort concierge service
- Open bar and firewood
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
- Local resort tax is not included and paid for locally. Adults = 3CHF per person per night (2019-2020 season)
- Extra beds are charged at 800 CHF per week per bed (extra children up to 16 years of age are 600 CHF)
- Additional guests for dinner are charged at 100 CHF per guest per night
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Please note that as this holiday company does not offer financial protection for its clients. We can arrange this for you using ABTA's recommended financial failure protection insurance that we will purchase on your behalf. We charge a £5 admin fee per person if you want this cover. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this.