The Chalet des Neiges is run by our favourite chalet operator in Val d'Isere and comes highly recommended. Not only is the chalet well appointed, it is ski-in, ski-out. Simply put it does not get much better than this for those who like a comfortable chalet, at a reasonable price with the ultimate ski convenience. In the morning, you walk for a few seconds before stepping into your bindings to glide to the lift of your choice - probably the Funival, still the world's fastest lift. At the end of the day, good skiers ski right back to the door and beginners stop where they started, thirty seconds' walk away.
Sound too good to be true? Well the only slight drawback is that the chalet is situated in La Daille for those who know Val d'Isere and for those who don't this means you are not right in the centre of the resort. So if you want to party all night then this is not ideal, although the local bus service does run till 2am. For families with teenagers this seems to work well.
The owner of the chalet is a furniture maker, so they are as meticulously finished and furnished with acres of wood and stone, much of it quite old. The bedrooms are not huge but they are tastefully decorated and have underfloor heating, reasonable cupboards, safes, good lighting and gorgeous bathrooms. Even the beds are bigger and firmer than usual in France. Each bedroom has a private ski locker in the ski room, with very effective individual boot dryers. Finally, the sitting and dining rooms are magnificent with tons of wood and stone, bottomless sofas, and a lovely log fire, wide-screen TV (FreeSat), DVDs and Wi-Fi.
The food and service provided by the operator is first class as one of the directors runs the ship meticulously well as he lives in Val d'Isere.
If you would like to view all our chalets in Val d'Isere please use this link to view our chalets in Val d'Isere search engine page. Here you will find details to all the other chalet properties we feature in this Espace Killy region resort.
This is one of the properties run by a highly regarded and respected Val d'Isere specialist chalet company. Having been in the resort for many years their product has been honed over time - travel to and from resort is a slick operation, chalets are meticulously clean, staff are motivated (one of the directors lives in resort during the winter months) and their chalet food invariably delicious. Properties run by this company are always highly recommended by Alpine Answers.
- To piste/lift:
- Ski-in / ski-out
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Satellite TV & DVD. Heated bootwarmers. Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|08 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|15 Dec 2019||£990||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|22 Dec 2019||£1,365||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|29 Dec 2019||£1,920||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|05 Jan 2020||£980||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|12 Jan 2020||£1,030||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|19 Jan 2020||£1,030||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|26 Jan 2020||£1,115||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|02 Feb 2020||£1,130||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|09 Feb 2020||£1,130||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|16 Feb 2020||£1,920||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|23 Feb 2020||£1,155||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|01 Mar 2020||£1,205||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|08 Mar 2020||£1,240||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|15 Mar 2020||£1,230||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|22 Mar 2020||£1,205||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|29 Mar 2020||£1,465||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|05 Apr 2020||£1,315||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|12 Apr 2020||£905||‐||Enquire||15||YES|
|19 Apr 2020||£595||‐||Enquire||15||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- Flights from London only
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Hampers with Champers - Rucksack with Champagne, smoked salmon, brie, strawberries etc.
- Heart attack breakfast - Full English breakfast.
- Eight days a week - Full catered service for the whole week (no staff day off).
- Bon Viveur - aperitifs, pudding wines, fruit and cheese, port and cognac etc.
- Any different diet is charged extra £25 per person. Packed lunches. Towel or linen change. Flowers. Wine list.
- First Floor:
- 2 x doubles with en-suite bathroom and wc. Balcony.
- 1 x twin with extra bed with en-suite bathroom, separate wc.
- 1 x twin with en-suite bathroom with wc.
- Second floor:
- 1 x twin next to the dining room. En-suite bathroom with wc.
- Top floor:
- 2 x twins under the eaves with en-suite bathroom with wc.
Included in Price
- Return air travel (from London UK) and coach transfers (Note: flight seats for 'extra beds' is not guaranteed)
- Staffed breakfast (5 mornings). Self-serve breakfast including fresh croissants and pain au chocolats (2 mornings)
- Afternoon tea (5 days)
- Canapés (5 evenings)
- 3 course dinner party style meal with complimentary wine (served until coffee) 5 nights
- Mid week towel change
- Alpine Answers' CONCIERGE SERVICE (whole chalet bookings only) help with ski hire and lesson bookings
- Damage deposit is not included (£1,000 for whole chalet bookings, or £100 per person for split bookings)
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift