Chalet The Farmhouse in Morzine is one of the oldest buildings in Morzine (1771) and perfect for families, groups or individuals this chalet oozes charm and character. There is a huge fireplace and cosy bar to welcome you after a hard day in the mountains and there is a comfortable sitting room.
The bar is open until 1am each night and the music collection is vast and varied! If the mood suits the sofas are pushed back and the dance floor is ready! Sometimes there is live music from local artists, and sometimes a bit of classical or jazz for a more relaxed evening. Your evenings begin with canapes and an aperitif before dinner. The dining room has one large 'banquet' style table where everybody eats together. Your hosts insist on a boy-girl-boy-girl seating arrangement and the menu is truly international.
Please note that local neighbours and friends of the host may join guests for a drink at the bar and/or stay for for dinner. Please let us know if you would like to book on an exclusive basis.
All bedrooms are very large and comfortable with various sleeping options including a family suit of two adjoining rooms. Cottage One, Cottage Two and the Atelier bedrooms in the Farmhouse are located in a barn about a 30 second walk from the main chalet building.
Please note that dinner with wine is provided on every night of the week as this is run more like a private auberge rather than a standard catered chalet. Another distinguishing feature of the excellent service provided here is the excellent ski guiding programme.
If you would like to view other chalets in Morzine please use this link to view our chalets in Morzine search engine page. Here you will find links to all the other chalet properties we feature in this fantastic Portes du Soleil region resort.
This is a wonderful old property and the English owner is truly a lucky man! Over the last two decades this 300 year old building has been slowly and lovingly transformed into the property that it is today. Perhaps luxury is not a word that one could use but The Farmhouse is just full of character and charm. The bedrooms are large and the baronial style dining room is perfect for long and enjoyable evening meals with an extended family or a group of life-long friends or colleagues. However, the welcoming atmosphere is such that it is equally enjoyed by smaller groups just wanting to soak up the alpine atmosphere and general feeling of bonne-hommie.
- To piste/lift:
- 400 - 800 metres
- To centre:
- Under 100 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Very good
- Sitting room with piano. Separate dining room with banquet style dining. Bar that is open until 1am each night. Private minibus shuttle service (winter only).
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|08 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|15 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|22 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|29 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|05 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|12 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|19 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|26 Jan 2019||Fully Booked|
|02 Feb 2019||£1,069||‐||Enquire||2||NO|
|09 Feb 2019||£1,094||‐||Enquire||4||NO|
|16 Feb 2019||Fully Booked|
|23 Feb 2019||Fully Booked|
|02 Mar 2019||Fully Booked|
|09 Mar 2019||Fully Booked|
|16 Mar 2019||Fully Booked|
|23 Mar 2019||£1,069||‐||Enquire||2||NO|
|30 Mar 2019||Fully Booked|
|06 Apr 2019||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Return airport transfers can be arranged (extra cost)
- Attelier: (in Barn Building) double. En-suite bath & wc
- Corner Room: double/twin (two extra singles). En-suite bath & wc
- Blue Room: double/twin (extra single possible). En-suite bath & wc
- Family Suite: double & twin (with extra bed). En-suite bath & wc
- Old Kitchen: double/twin (extra single possible). En-suite bath & wc
- Grange: double/twin (extra single possible). En-suite bath & wc
- India: double/twin (extra single possible). En-suite shower & wc
- The Cell: double/twin. En-suite bath & wc
- Mazot (in grounds): double with en-suite shower & wc
- Cottage One (in Barn Building): double with en-suite shower & wc
- Cottage Two (in Barn Building): double with en-suite bath & wc
Included in Price
- Full cooked breakfast (7 days)
- Afternoon tea (7 days)
- Canapés followed by 3 course dinner with complimentary wine. Coffee and chocolates served afterwards (7 evenings)
- Feather or synthetic pillows and duvets
- L'Occitane toiletries, bathrobes, mid-week towel change
- Hair dryers in every bedroom
- Private minibus shuttle service (winter only)
- Alpine Answers' CONCIERGE SERVICE (whole chalet bookings only) help with ski hire and lesson bookings