One of the very best - highly recommended.
Chalet Arolla in Meribel is a wonderful conversion of an old traditional chalet (one of the originals from the 1950's). Before its conversion the chalet was split into two separate dwellings which together slept 20+ guests. However, now the upper and lower parts of the building have been combined to offer one luxury chalet with three floors of sumptuous alpine living. The lower most floor provides staff accommodation for the couple running the property; the ground floor houses the five guest bedrooms (each with en-suite bath or shower) and the top floor has the wonderful open plan sitting room, dining area, bar and kitchen. From the sitting room there is access to a large west facing terrace with outdoor seating and a hot tub with mountain views.
The location of Chalet Arolla on the Impasse Combe de Pot means that on a snowy week the guests can pretty much ski to the door although this is through the trees so best tackled by competent skiers. The Impasse Combe de Pot is a quiet and pretty tree lined road and was one of the first roads in the resort to be developed. Consequently the chalets here sit in larger plots of land giving this part of Meribel and exclusive atmosphere.
The chalet spa in the lower floor has a spectacular steam room (hammam) and also a treatment room. Please just ask your chalet hostess to book you up a relaxing massage.
The centre of Meribel is a five minute drive away but the free bus stops within 100 metres of the chalet (one minute walk).
The price shown for this chalet includes a 'contactless catering' service: As well as the rental of the chalet your food and drink for the week is provided and your cupboards and fridge stocked for your arrival. Included will be breakfast, snacks to take with you skiing, afternoon tea and cakes/snacks, pre-dinner eats plus a three course dinner on 6 out of 7 nights (this also includes a selection of after dinner cheeses, plus champagne for your first night, a kir for before dinner and unlimited wine and some beers). A delicious menu for the week is pre-planned, with a mix of ready prepared meals from a local delicatessen and easy to cook dishes or sides. All that will be required from you is to pop a few things in the oven and throw together a few ingredients to make a simple salad, or steam a few vegetables as sides to your main meal. Resort staff will also visit your chalet mid-week to give it a full clean and change of towels. However, this is done during the day when you're out on the slopes.
If you prefer the freedom to choose your own meals or you prefer to eat out more than one evening during the week, or you just love to cook. This is where the self-catering service comes in. For a cheaper holiday price (please ask for details) you have the opportunity to order the food and drink of your choice (pre-bought on your behalf at the local hypermarket prices). The costs for any food and beverages ordered are paid for before you travel. Four days before arrival in resort you will receive a comprehensive provisions list with everything you could possibly need for your holiday. From oven-ready meals to the ingredients you need for Bolognaise, soufflés or cheese fondues. Dry goods, dairy, fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat or fish, beers, wines, champagne, or anything else is all bought for you and stocked in your chalet in advance.
If you would like to view other properties in this famous Three Valleys resort please use our chalets in Meribel search page. View prices, availability, map locations, photos and client reviews for all chalet properties in Meribel.
We are delighted to have the Chalet Arolla on our website. This is a chalet as it should be - a clever conversion of an old traditional chalet now offering top quality comfort, style and spa facilities.
- To piste/lift:
- 100 - 200 metres
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Sky TV, DVD player with Sonos surround sound. Wi-Fi. Outdoor Hot tub with view of the mountains. Spa area: hammam steam room, massage & shower room. Shuttle mini-bus service at set times morning and afternoon. Underfloor heating in all rooms. Washing machine & dryer. Drying room with boot warmers. Parking for two cars.
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|06 Dec 2023
|13 Dec 2023
|20 Dec 2023
|27 Dec 2023
|03 Jan 2024
|07 Jan 2024
|14 Jan 2024
|21 Jan 2024
|28 Jan 2024
|04 Feb 2024
|11 Feb 2024
|18 Feb 2024
|25 Feb 2024
|03 Mar 2024
|10 Mar 2024
|17 Mar 2024
|24 Mar 2024
|31 Mar 2024
|07 Apr 2024
|14 Apr 2024
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Bed linen with beds made on arrival
- Towels and bathrobes
- Mid-stay cleaning with towel change
- End of stay cleaning
- Welcome basket
- Firewood (if applicable) and unlimited Wi-Fi access
- Contactless Catering included: Provisions for 7 x breakfasts & afternoon snacks, and 6 x dinners with drinks
- Tourist/resort tax is included
- Driver shuttle to and from the lifts with 2 journeys in each session (08.30hrs - 10.00hrs and 16.00hrs - 18.00hrs)
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
- Self-catered discount: £165 per adult and £45 per child
- Self-catered pre-order of provisions to stock your chalet. Shopping list provided. Paid for before you travel
- Refundable damage deposit is payable before you arrive: 2,000 euros
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Lower Floor:
- Steam room, shower and massage area. TV room. Outdoor hot tub
- Ground Floor:
- Room 1: large master double with en-suite bath and wc
- Room 2: large twin/double with en-suite bath and wc
- Room 3: twin/double with en-suite shower and wc
- Room 4: small twin (non adjacent beds). En-suite shower and wc
- Room 5: small twin/double with en-suite shower and wc
- Top Floor:
- Large living and dining room.
- Huge terrace with outdoor seating
You May Also Like
Average Price£5,438 pp
Courchevel 1850, France
Chalet Grande Roche
Average Price£6,217 pp
Chalet De La Traye
Average Price£4,821 pp Offer