Ski Hire Prices Compared
Our SKISET prices compared to other holiday companies
To illustrate just how good our online prices with SKISET are we have compared prices (October 2019). We have chosen as an example the price for our top level of adult skis & boots from the 'Excellence' category with Skiset for a 6 day hire in Val d’Isere during high season 2020.
Ski Total, Inghams and Ski Esprit all refer to their top level of equipment hire as their 'Black' category. Each of these holiday companies also uses SKISET as their ski hire provider and the equivalent SKISET category is actually the 'Performance' category, which offers inferior equipment compared to our top level.
High season prices for adult skis + boots for 6 days in Val d'Isere (February 2020):
- Alpine Answers (Excellence category): £148
- Ski Total 'Black' (Performance category): £152 (our price for Performance category: £90)
- Inghams 'Black' (Performance category): £153 (our price for Performance category: £90)
- SKISET website (Excellence category): £162
- Skiworld 'Platinum' (Excellence category): £166
- Mark Warner 'Superior' (Excellence category): £185
- Snowberry (new Advanced/Expert skis): £190
- VIP Ski 'Gold' (Performance category): £201 (our price for Performance category: £90)
- VIP Ski 'Platinum' (Excellence category): £256
Why are the prices with Alpine Answers better than the others?
Tour operators and holiday companies are offered very good special trade prices by SKISET (and other ski hire providers). They then choose their own prices to sell at, thereby making a profit margin. The higher the price they charge the greater that profit margin becomes. Making a large margin is how some ski holiday companies (such as Ski Total and Inghams) afford 2-4-1 deals on their ski hire.
As a 'thank you' to our clients for booking through us we pass on nearly all of the savings that our great trade prices give us. Our clients get the same great ski hire equipment as any other holiday company provides but enjoy very low prices. There is no catch.