La Grange au Merle is a lovely family chalet in the pretty resort of Chatel. Totally renovated in 2016 this property now features an outdoor hot tub on the balcony (with great elevated views over the resort) and an indoor sauna. A dedicated TV snug is perfect for allowing children and adults to relax in separate areas in the early evening.
The first floor is the heart of the chalet, with a south facing and open plan living space. Take in the amazing alpine views while you enjoy a cocktail from the bar. Or soak up the views from the large south facing wrap-around balcony. There are five bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. One of the bedrooms also has a separate cosy bunk bedroom which makes it an ideal family choice (children sleeping in the bunk room receive a discount).
Every evening your professionally trained chef will prepare a delicious four-course dinner. The menu will use a variety of influences during your week, offering something more than just the hearty Savoyard favourites. Children are usually served at our special Chef's Table comfortably in advance of the adults. Before arrival we will confirm any special dietary requirements, to be reconfirmed personally by your chef on arrival. The adults' dinner is preceded every evening by a delicious round of fresh canapés and pre-dinner drinks. One day each week the chef has a night off. For this evening the driver will take you (or you can walk as it's a pleasant stroll) to a fabulous local restaurant for you to enjoy a night on the town!
The chalet wine cellar is well stocked with over 20 carefully chosen wines which will be served throughout your stay. You are also free to choose from them whenever you wish. The sparkling white crémant from the Loire Valley is delicious and there is also a range of craft beers, spirits and soft drinks available from the chalet bar.
There are three different childcare options to choose from depending on the age of your children all of which offer all day care (08.30 - 16.30hrs). Specialist childcare can be provided by in resort nannies for children from the age of 3 months upwards and can be tailored (subject to the availability of nannies) to suit your exact requirements. The local ski school is totally geared towards providing first rate children's lessons and they can take children from as young as three years old for families that want to start their children's ski careers as soon as possible.
In addition to the private nanny childcare and ski school dedicated to young skiers there is a ski school collection service, an alpine playhouse set in the enclosed chalet garden, chocolate workshops and the chalet itself which is full of child-friendly features. Chatel offers sledging runs, snow-shoe trails and a new leisure centre. With ice skating, husky sled rides and many other activities on offer it is no surprise that Chatel holds the 'Famille Plus' Award.
A great family chalet with lovely views, hot tub and sauna as well as several different childcare options that can be arranged for all day care for children aged from 3 months old upwards.
- To piste/lift:
- More than 800 metres
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Outdoor hot tub and indoor sauna. Driver service to and from the lifts (all day service). Children's playroom with games and DVDs. Large 55" TV & DVD player. Sonos sound. Garage for 2 cars. Wi-Fi internet connection, music player & laundry facilities Private garden with alpine playhouse. Sledges and snow shoes
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|15 Dec 2018||Fully Booked|
|21 Dec 2019||£1,800||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|28 Dec 2019||£1,800||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|04 Jan 2020||£1,000||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|11 Jan 2020||£1,100||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|18 Jan 2020||£1,285||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|25 Jan 2020||£1,285||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|01 Feb 2020||£1,350||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|08 Feb 2020||£1,600||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|15 Feb 2020||£2,000||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|22 Feb 2020||£1,400||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|29 Feb 2020||£1,400||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|07 Mar 2020||£1,285||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|14 Mar 2020||£1,285||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|21 Mar 2020||£1,350||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|28 Mar 2020||£1,400||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|04 Apr 2020||£1,285||‐||Enquire||14||NO|
|06 Apr 2019||Fully Booked|
|13 Apr 2019||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Wine upgrades and wine tasting sessions in the chalet's own 'carnotzet' are possible
- Private childcare can be arranged (children can be looked after in the chalet's playroom). Babysitting is also possible
- Beauty treatments and massage sessions can be arranged for extra cost
- Ground Floor:
- Crocus: double/twin with en-suite bath, shower & wc. Balcony
- Pommes: double with separate cosy bunk room. En-suite bathroom
- Thym (back of chalet): double/twin with en-suite facilities. Terrace
- Marmottes (back of chalet): double/twin with en-suite facilities
- First Floor:
- Large open plan living and dining area. Wrap-around balcony
- TV snug and kitchen and separate cloakroom
- Mezzanine Level:
- Library with books, magazines, i-Pad dock and printer
- Myrtilles: spacious double with en-suite facilities
Included in Price
- Hearty breakfast with cooked options on six mornings, and a Continental breakfast on one morning
- Afternoon tea (7 days)
- Canapés served on 6 evenings
- 4 course dinner with selected complimentary sparkling, red & white wines (including pudding wines) on 6 nights
- Beers & soft drinks are also available with dinner
- Chauffeur service to and from the lifts. This is an all day service
- Bathrobes, fluffy towels, quality bathroom toiletries, lip balm and disposable boot warmers
- In resort concierge service provided by your Chalet Manager (restaurant bookings etc)
- Babysitting is included in the price for the staff night off (one night of the week)
- Alpine Answers' CONCIERGE SERVICE (whole chalet bookings only) help with ski hire and lesson bookings
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift