Kuhtai resort guide - a general overview
Kuhtai is a great resort for family skiing. There is a reasonable selection of hotels, the transfer time is less than one hour from Innsbruck and the ski area is easy to navigate - ideal for beginner skiers and children. There are no chalets in Kuhtai but there is an excellent chalet hotel which is situated at the foot of the home slopes and very close to the ski school meeting point and lifts. It makes the perfect place to stay for a family ski holiday or if you are part of a group with some beginner skiers. Once off the nursery slopes the ski area is plenty big enough for aspiring intermediates.
The lift pass also covers the resort of Oetz which is a few kilometres away down the valley and this resort gives a similar sized ski area (Hochotz) with runs that come down through the trees - well worth visiting if there is bad weather when the high treeless runs of Kuhtai offer poorer visibility. The combined ski area of both resorts offers 85 km of pisted skiing which is more than enough for a week for most families, the indoor climbing wall is also a fantastic way to keep the children busy if the conditions aren't forgiving.
The resort of Kuhtai is situated on a mountain pass just 35 kilometres from Innsbruck and at over 2,000 metres in altitude - the slopes (which ascend to nearly 2,700 metres) are therefore very snow sure. This makes ski holidays in Kuhtai a good choice for early season and late season.
2,020m - 2,650m
- (45 minutes)
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dinning
- Short transfer
- Resort value
- Very short transfers being only 35 km from Innsbruck (45 minute journey usually)
- Good selection of hotels considering it's a small resort
- High altitude resort giving extremely snow sure skiing from beginning to end of season
- Most of the hotels offer ski-in and ski-out convenience
- Good for families as the resort is easy to navigate
- Rather quiet nightlife scene although it gets livelier at the weekends
- Not much vertical means for shortish runs
- Ski area is split into two separate areas. Combined area gives respectable 85 km of piste
Kuhtai Resort Restaurants
The restaurants in the resort are mostly limited to the hotels. That said the quality on offer for a small resort is pretty good.
Kuhtai Mountain Restaurants
We have nothing to report regards the on-mountain dining experience of Kuhtai
Kuhtai Apres Ski
The apres ski scene is pretty quiet in Kuhtai
The nightlife scene is pretty quiet also