The Backstage Chalet in Zermatt is one of the resort's premier chalets and another signature property from Heinz Julen, the celebrated local architect and interior designer that has done so much in recent years to put Zermatt squarely on the luxury chalet map. This design lead chalet has been created from an original 1940's chalet with great views of the iconic Matterhorn Mountain and is situated beside the river that flows through Zermatt. The centre of the resort is about 5 minutes' walk away and the main Klein Matterhorn lift is less than 200 metres away.
The chalet has its own private entrance and internal lift that serves all floors apart from the very uppermost level. This top floor contains the impressive main living and dining area which is a light filled space owing to the large amounts of glass and high ceilings. Also on this upper floor are the unique 4 person hot tub and a small sauna. The hot tub can be raised through the roof so that it sits outside the chalet in the open air - the views as you might imagine are pretty spectacular.
The five principal guest bedrooms, each with TV, are found on the two floors below the main living area. Some of the bedrooms have balcony and one has a 3rd bed (suitable for a child) on a mezzanine level. On the lowest floor is a dedicated cinema room, a ski and boot room and also a further shower room.
Please note that the chalet can be booked on either a catered or self-catered basis. Please call for details.
If you would like to view all our other chalets in Zermatt please use this link to view our chalets in Zermatt search engine page. Here you will find links to all the other chalet properties we feature in this iconic Swiss resort.
Heinz Julen has a distinctive architectural and interior decor style. This chalet continues the design theme that his original properties in Zermatt started.
- 10 - 11
- To piste/lift:
- 200 - 400 metres
- To centre:
- 400 - 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- TV (cable) and DVD player. Sonos system and MP3 player. Wood burning fireplace. Wi-Fi internet connection. Outdoor/indoor hot tub and sauna. Dedicated cinema room. Heated boot warmers and private ski locker.
- Hot tub
- Good views
- Cinema/TV room
- Gourmet food
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|06 Dec 2019||£2,743 pp||‐||11||NO|
|13 Dec 2019||£3,097 pp||‐||11||NO|
|20 Dec 2019||£5,133 pp||‐||11||NO|
|27 Dec 2019||£7,965 pp||‐||11||NO|
|03 Jan 2020||£4,425 pp||‐||11||NO|
|10 Jan 2020||£3,319 pp||‐||11||NO|
|17 Jan 2020||£2,965 pp||‐||11||NO|
|24 Jan 2020||£2,965 pp||‐||11||NO|
|31 Jan 2020||£3,363 pp||‐||11||NO|
|07 Feb 2020||£5,841 pp||‐||11||NO|
|14 Feb 2020||£5,708 pp||‐||11||NO|
|21 Feb 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|28 Feb 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|07 Mar 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|14 Mar 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|21 Mar 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|28 Mar 2020||£3,230 pp||‐||11||NO|
|04 Apr 2020||£4,115 pp||‐||11||NO|
|11 Apr 2020||£4,071 pp||‐||11||NO|
|18 Apr 2020||£4,071 pp||‐||11||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Professional chef and hosting staff
- Concierge service prior to your arrival and during your stay
- Shuttle service to the chalet on arrival and from the chalet on your departure
- Welcome champagne reception and 'welcome basket' with fruits and chocolates
- Daily cleaning and housekeeping service. Midweek bed linen and towel change.
- Continental breakfast and afternoon tea with fresh pastries (7 days)
- 3 course delicious dinner with complimentary house wines, beers and soft drinks (6 nights)
- Bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and hair dryers in each bedroom
- Complimentary access to the spa/wellness area of the Backstage Hotel (10 minutes walk away)
- Please note that there is a security deposit of 8,000 CHF
- The chalet is also available on a B&B basis or self catering. Please call to tailor the services for your stay
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train: