Chalet Charr in St Luc is the collaboration of a UK architect and a local Swiss architect and was finished to the highest possible standards in 2010. The chalet is constructed over three floors with the main entrance on the upper level. Inside the chalet, the central oak and granite staircase provides a clear link between the levels. The open plan living room, dining and study are at the upper level, bedrooms at the central level and leisure below.
Chalet Charr contains lots of unique furniture, rugs, fabrics and art and form part of the much loved family home. Chalet Charr was designed to feel like a home and the operator hopes that guests will enjoy the setting, architecture and contents as if they were your own. Where furnishings have been purchased, care has been taken to incorporate the best available. Dining chairs are by Knoll of Italy, cutlery from David Mellor in Derbyshire and tweeds from the House of Bruar.
Chalet Charr is personally managed by the owners and they will also look after every aspect of your stay, from arrival to departure including all the cooking, hosting, chauffeuring and managing all the domestic work at the chalet. They are also on hand to ensure that ski passes, lessons, ski hire and any special requirements are sorted out with ease. Chris and Clare are passionate about their chalet and the service that they provide, have years of experience of hosting large private house parties and pride themselves on their ability to provide great food and wine in a fabulous setting. Menus will be discussed with the party organiser prior to their arrival.
Chalet Charr has its own 4x4 Land Rover Discovery and guests can utilise private chauffeuring by the chalet hosts in the resort of St Luc and Chandolin. The staff will endeavour to meet all personal requirements in respect of pick-up and drop-off throughout your holiday. The chalet vehicle may not be driven by anyone other than the chalet staff and all guests travelling in the vehicle do so at their own risk. The Land Rover can only take 6 people at a time so for larger groups and for maximum flexibility during your stay, we recommend that you hire a private car at the airport.
A free ski bus service operates within the village and to all other resorts within the Val d'Anniviers area. The Navette bus operates continually around the village. Please note that although the bus timetable to other villages is reliable it is also infrequent.
Chalet Charr is constructed in a forest clearing on a steeply sloping mountainside site. Access is unfortunately not suitable for disabled, or those with mobility problems. There is a 'no pets' and 'no smoking' policy at the chalet.
Due to the design of Chalet Charr, which is constructed over three floors on a steeply sloping site, with extensive areas of full height glass and external balconies, it is not ideally suited to young children. The chalet can accommodate up to two babies (non mobile) - travel cots and high chairs are available - and children over the age of ten, who will be charged for as adults.
Weekend stays are possible on a Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday basis. Prices for 4 nights vary from £800-£900 per person.
This property is architect designed, owned and managed so expect attention to detail on all levels! Not cheap perhaps but certainly very good value for money.
- To piste/lift:
- More than 800 metres
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Very good
- Wide screen TV (UK channels) surround sound & Blu-ray DVD. iPod docking station and Wi-Fi. Sauna and wet room. Utility, Technical and Laundry room. Wine Cellar. Shuttle service for 6 guests (restricted service for 8). Ski and boot room with heated racks.
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
- Swimming pool:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|07 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|14 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|21 Dec 2019||Fully Booked|
|28 Dec 2019||£1,600||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|04 Jan 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|11 Jan 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|18 Jan 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|25 Jan 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|01 Feb 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|08 Feb 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|15 Feb 2020||£1,600||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|22 Feb 2020||£1,600||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|29 Feb 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|07 Mar 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|14 Mar 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|21 Mar 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|28 Mar 2020||£1,200||‐||Enquire||8||NO|
|04 Apr 2020||Fully Booked|
|11 Apr 2020||Fully Booked|
|18 Apr 2020||Fully Booked|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- First night champagne reception / welcome
- Swiss Breakfast: muesli or porridge, fresh fruit, bread & croissants (7 mornings)
- Afternoon tea: selection of teas and delicious cake (6 afternoons). Herbal teas and cold drinks are always available.
- Pre dinner drinks and canapés (6 evenings)
- Four course dinner with good quality complimentary French wines especially selected for each meal (6 nights)
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, bathrobes, slippers and fluffy bath towels
- Artisan soaps and toiletries
- 4x4 Land Rover Chauffeur service to St Luc, Chandolin and other nearby resorts such as Grimentz
- Note: For parties of 8 there are no return transfers and the in-resort shuttle is restricted to St Luc & Chandolin
- A refundable deposit of £1,000 will be taken at the same time as the final payment
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Room 1: double with en-suite bath and wc. Shared balcony
- Room 2: double with en-suite shower and wc. Shared balcony
- Room 3: twin/double with private bath and wc.
- Room 4: twin/double with en-suite shower and wc.
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift