Chalet No.5 (formerly known as Chalet Prarion) in Les Houches was renovated in 2015 to offer more comfort and entertainment for guests. It is a very smart and comfortable chalet set on the blue piste, above the Prarion Gondola and the ESF ski school, giving it the dream ski-in ski-out location. This chalet is perfect for families as well as adult groups.
The main accommodation of the chalet is laid out over three floors with 4 bedrooms on the top floor and 1 bedroom off the hallway on the first floor. Cots and a Z bed are available on request for children. The main living and dining area is on the first floor and now features a new modern fireplace and open staircase with picture window for an open airy feeling. In the dining room there is a grand oak table with comfortable seating for 12 people. From the dining room you can watch skiers pass the chalet whilst enjoying the cosiness of the log fire. The lounge doors open out onto a decked area where you will find the hydro therapy hot tub tastefully sunken to maintain your privacy.
Back inside the chalet sit in the warm leather sofas and relax, chat amongst friends and family, watch TV or listen to your favourite music on the Bose iPod docking station. The double sided fire place also means you can enjoy the homely log fire from the lounge as well as the dining room.
On the ground floor you will find the new ski and boot room conveniently located near the chalet front entrance, with boot dryers for your comfort. This leads to a large reception hall leading off to the massage room, sauna room and games room. There is a full sized pool table in the games room with games and toys and the new cinema room has a large selection of DVD's.
For children (and adults) sledges and outside toys are provided for your fun and entertainment, all the owners ask is that you put them away at the end of the day so they don't get lost in the snow! An iPod pre-loaded with a variety of music is also provided.
We rate Les Houches as one of the best family ski resorts in the Alps, with excellent facilities including a magic carpet, a children's snow garden, and great family ski tuition. With the extensive chalet games room and being ski in ski out (just above the ESF Ski School meeting point) we believe Chalet No.5 offers a hard to beat luxury family ski holiday for value and service.
This property is run by a small specialist chalet company that only has the one chalet to manage. This means that the chalet staff are totally motivated to give the best service that they can. For the quality of the chalet and its ski in ski out location in Les Houches this property offers very good value.
- Chamonix (Les Houches)
- 10 - 12
- To piste/lift:
- Ski-in / ski-out
- To centre:
- More than 800 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Heated towel rails in all en-suite bathrooms. Cinema room and satellite TV. Ski & boot room with warmers. Games room: pool table, Wii (and games), games and toys. Outdooor sunken hexagon hydro therapy hot tub (seats 8). Indoor sauna and massage treatment room. Driver service.
- Hot tub
- Good views
- Cinema/TV room
- Driver service
- Ski in ski out
- Gourmet food
Prices per person for 7 nights
Select your preferred date to send us an enquiry
|05 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|12 Dec 2020||£1,130 pp||£185 pp||12||NO|
|19 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|26 Dec 2020||Fully Booked|
|02 Jan 2021||£1,355 pp||‐||12||NO|
|09 Jan 2021||£1,180 pp||‐||12||NO|
|16 Jan 2021||Fully Booked|
|23 Jan 2021||Fully Booked|
|30 Jan 2021||Fully Booked|
|06 Feb 2021||£1,380 pp||‐||12||NO|
|13 Feb 2021||Fully Booked|
|20 Feb 2021||£1,380 pp||‐||12||NO|
|27 Feb 2021||£1,280 pp||‐||12||NO|
|06 Mar 2021||£1,200 pp||‐||12||NO|
|13 Mar 2021||£1,180 pp||‐||12||NO|
|20 Mar 2021||£1,180 pp||‐||12||NO|
|27 Mar 2021||£1,265 pp||‐||12||NO|
|03 Apr 2021||£1,130 pp||‐||12||NO|
|10 Apr 2021||£1,130 pp||‐||12||NO|
|17 Apr 2021||£1,130 pp||‐||12||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
Included in Price
- Three staff: on-call driver, chef and chalet host
- Champagne evening reception with canapés on arrival
- Breakfast - full Continental every day and cooked option on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea and cakes (7 afternoons)
- Four course dinner prepared by professional chef, including selected complimentary wines (5 nights)
- Daily maid service including mid week towel change
- Bathrobes and slippers, luxury toiletries and hair dryers
- In resort driver service on 6 days (8.00 - 20.00hrs). Ski shop pick up and restaurant transport (2 nights)
- Alpine Answers CONCIERGE SERVICE - assistance with booking lessons, equipment hire & travel
- There is a damage deposit to pay of 3,000 euros if taking the property on a self catered basis
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Changeover day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Ground Floor:
- Cinema room, sauna, games room (with pool table) and massage room
- Guest cloakroom, ski and boot room and utility room
- Main Living Floor:
- Sitting room & fireplace. Dining area. Kitchen. Terrace with hot tub
- Room 5: twin/double (extra bed possible). En-suite shower and wc
- Second Floor:
- Room 4: twin/double with en-suite shower & wc. View of Les Fiz
- Room 3: twin/double with en-suite shower & wc. View of Les Fiz
- Room 2: master double/twin. En-suite shower & wc. Balcony
- Room 1: master double/twin. En-suite bathroom & wc. Balcony
- Extra bed is possible in Room 1 and 2