The Chalet Hotel Chesa Lavadina in Stuben (part of the famous Arlberg ski domain) is an 'owner run' chalet hotel. Andrew (who is English) runs the property with his wife, Maria (who is Austrian) whereby Andrew does the cooking and Maria is your hostess. Andy is a 'born and bred' caterer (he owns a large collection of copper pans and over 200 well-thumbed cookbooks) and provides very yummy three course dinners as well as wholesome breakfasts which include his mother-in-law's homemade jams and his own muesli loaf. Maria is a local and brings a distinctly Austrian feel to their hospitality.
The Chesa Lavadina is an old traditional property originally built in the 15th Century as a lookout tower. In 2015 the building was remodelled to provide modern comforts alongside all the old charm of the building. There are three separate lounge areas with comfortable English sofas, one of which includes a cosy and warming Kachelofen (tiled stove) and being an old lookout tower there are stunning valley views to be enjoyed.
The beds are all with proper English pocket sprung mattresses and can be configured as twins or doubles (with zip and link capability). There are 24 proper beds plus a further two sofa beds which allows for a maximum of 26 guests to stay here.
Stuben is a charming hamlet that lies slap bang in the middle of the Arlberg ski area with Lech and Zurs to the North, and St Christoph and St Anton to the East. There is one ski school, a lift ticket office, two ski shops, three bars, seven restaurants and one shop all virtually on the doorstep of the Chesa Lavadina. Given the location of the Chesa Lavadina it is possible to ski back to, and ski from, the hotel's door. There are 11 bedrooms and the chalet hotel sleeps up to 23 guests in total.
We are delighted to offer this family owned and managed chalet hotel. We love Stuben and of course the Arlberg ski area needs little introduction. This is a great value option and something charmingly different.
- To piste/lift:
- Under 100 metres
- To centre:
- 100 - 200 metres
- Bathroom ratio:
- Fully ensuite
- Sauna, jet shower and relaxation area. Three separate lounge areas.
- Ski hosting:
- Hot tub:
Prices per person for 7 nights
|08 Dec 2019||£563||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|15 Dec 2019||£625||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|22 Dec 2019||£848||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|29 Dec 2019||£1,027||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|05 Jan 2020||£759||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|12 Jan 2020||£781||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|19 Jan 2020||£781||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|26 Jan 2020||£804||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|02 Feb 2020||£884||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|09 Feb 2020||£884||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|16 Feb 2020||£938||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|23 Feb 2020||£884||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|01 Mar 2020||£884||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|08 Mar 2020||£826||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|15 Mar 2020||£826||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|22 Mar 2020||£826||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|29 Mar 2020||£759||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|05 Apr 2020||£688||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|12 Apr 2020||£688||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
|19 Apr 2020||£688||‐||Enquire||26||NO|
For more details please see our website terms & conditions.
The information below refers to the travel options that can be provided by the tour operator as part of a ‘package’. If the tour operator does not offer the travel option of your choice we may well be able to buy it in for you at a supplement. Please speak to one of our sales consultants for further advice and help with regards travel to and from your chosen resort.
- Departure day:
- Travel options:
- No travel included
- Daytime train:
- Overnight train:
- Airport transfers can be arranged
- Room 1: twin/double (+ extra single bed). En-suite facilities
- Suite 2: two twin/doubles (one with extra child bed). One bathroom
- Room 3: twin/double with extra sofa bed. En-suite facilities
- Room 4: twin/double with en-suite facilities
- Room 5: twin/double with en-suite facilities
- Suite 6: twin/double + quad room (singles). Access to two bathrooms
- Room 7: twin/double with en-suite facilities
- Room 8: twin/double with extra sofa bed. En-suite facilities
- Room 9: single with en-suite facilities
Included in Price
- Breakfast daily. With cooked options on six mornings
- Afternoon tea and cakes after skiing (6 days)
- Three course dinner with complimentary wine (6 nights)
- Complimentary house beers, wines and soft drinks
- Quality bed linen, bathrobes and slippers
- Molton Brown toiletries and hair dryers in each bedroom
- Cable Car
- Chair lift
- Drag lift