Deer Valley resort guide - a general overview
If you're a snowboarder, then this is not the resort for you as in Deer Valley snowboarding is banned. This may however entice some skiers! Located about a mile away from Park City's main street is Deer Valley; a very up market and lavish resort. Accommodation is scattered around the slopes and there is no real centre to the village, but the accommodation on offer here is of a very high standard.
Ski holidays in Deer Valley have the advantage of slopes which are varied and immaculately groomed and snow reliability is excellent. As Deer Valley wants its guests to have a fantastic and personal experience, they limit the number of lift tickets sold, so queues are never really a problem.
The apres ski here is quiet, but with Park City just down the road, you can make the most of the bars and restaurants there.
2,000m - 2,915m
- SALT LAKE CITY
- (30 minutes)
Level of skiing
- Snow sure
- Ski area
- Charm factor
- Resort layout
- Fine dinning
- Short transfer
- Resort value
- Fantastic tree skiing
- Fast lifts and not many queues
- Great snow record with an average 350 inches a year
- Good quality restaurants and accommodation. It's an exclusive resort
- International lift pass includes Park City (3,300 acres) and The Canyons (4,000 acres)
- The ski area on it's own is not the largest with just over 2,000 acres of terrain
- Being an exclusive resort it means that it is also quite expensive.
- The apres ski is refined but a little subdued for some
- Bad for snowboarders who are not allowed on the mountain
Deer Valley Resort Restaurants
Mariposa is highly recommended with its 'all you can eat seafood buffet'. A must is the 'Fireside Dining' at Empire Canyon Lodge - four courses, each one served at a different fireplace (held 3 nights a week)
Deer Valley Mountain Restaurants
The best in Utah. Great self service eateries at Silver Lake and at the Base Lodge. The Grill restaurant at Empire Canyon Lodge is a great hit and the Gondola Grill on Little Baldy Peak has amazing burgers as well as views!
Deer Valley Apres Ski
The main apres ski area is The Lounge of the Snow Park Lodge, it has live music.
Deer Valley Nightlife
Not much more than the apres ski - it's a quiet ski town.