The ski season is well underway, with many resorts opening earlier than planned due to all the fantastic snow that has been falling throughout the European Alps. Don’t worry if you haven’t booked up yet as January is a great month to ski and if you book a catered chalet then there could be some hot skiing deals to take advantage of.
In living memory the early season snowfalls have never been this good, so what better excuse do you need to grab those skis, pack your bag and hit your favourite resort. With a deep snow base to cover the rocks the off-piste conditions are already fantastic – time to lay some fresh tracks? We think so!
Here are our essential tips to make snapping up a great chalet deal that bit easier.
1) Find yourself 10 spare minutes and get yourself onto our website. Select either the ‘Ski Chalets’ or ‘Chalet Deals’ tab. The chalets, availability and prices that can be found in either section are exactly the same – it’s just that the information can be viewed slightly different from one section to the other. Use the search and sort functions to get a quick and easy feel for price – vs – quality for the week you wish to go. Then simply give us a call: 020 7801 1080. We are absolutely delightful on the phones (honest) and as these late deals don’t last long it’s always best to contact us directly to get the very latest prices and availability. Please remember that, as much as we would like it to be different, the availability on our website is NOT live.
2) To give you some ideas every two weeks or so we will email out an e-Newsletter which highlights a quick view selection of the best current deals. It’s a great way of finding out the latest deals throughout the season, and with lift passes and free places on offer, what’s not to like? Sign up at the top of our website home page and while you are there please ‘like us’ on Facebook and ‘follow us’ on Twitter to see where we’ve been and what we’ve been up to.
3) You need to be flexible on your departure airport. London Gatwick and Manchester will be your main getaways to the Alps – only very occasionally will you be able to get yourself a regional flight. On a last minute basis these are about as rare as a hen’s teeth.
4) The popular chalets in the uber popular ski resorts of Courchevel, Val d’Isere, Zermatt, Verbier , Meribel and St Anton sell out faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100m. If you can’t find a chalet in your chosen resort at the price or quality you wish for then please simply trust our alternative suggestions. We know all the smaller resorts worth going to and will be able to give suggestions to places that you might not have considered. These will offer superior quality at a lower price compared to the premier league resorts – so why not open your mind and treat yourself to something different?
5) Even numbers in your party are vital! Book in pairs to get the best deals and widest choice. No one wants to be an odd one out and paying the empty bed supplement for a ‘single use’ double or twin room will rain on anyone’s parade.
6) If you are a ‘single traveller’ – be prepared for a room share. Most single rooms are snapped up months in advance.
7) Think you can find a short break at a last minute bargain price? Then think again. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a reduced price for last minute short breaks. All short breaks are put together on a bespoke basis so there are no ‘committed’ beds or flight seats – hence why there are no last minute deals.
9) Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about ski hire – we have some great on-line ski hire discounts to take advantage of when you pre-book. It will just take you seconds to book and will save you bundles.
10) Always remember… if you have seen a great deal then chances are someone else has too. Being the fastest finger to the buzzer is key! Be ready to make very quick decisions – often this means being able to book on the spot. No late deals can be held ‘off sale’ while you spend time calling around your mates and their mums. Delays may well mean you miss out on the fantastic offer we just found you!
If you are looking for a last minute deal or would like advice on any of our chalets or hotels please get in touch as we are here to help. Call us: 020 7801 1080 and speak to one of the sales team or visit our website: www.alpineanswers.co.uk